Climate of Change: How NYC is preparing for its environmental challenges
Time & Location
About The Event
In a time in which the consequences of climate change are increasingly devastating, disproportionately affecting women, communities of color and low-income communities, the UWC mission to bring about peace and a sustainable future for all becomes more urgent day by day. While many national governments struggle to tackle the man-made climate crisis, “Generation Greta” is calling for bold action and systemic change for climate justice. UWC Day 2019 will be dedicated to exploring creative, thoughtful and meaningful ways to bring about this change.
The UWC NYC board invites you to participate in a series of afternoon conversations on NYC's climate resiliency plan on Saturday, September 14th. Our event will feature:
- Presentation on Upper Manhattan Project by Aurash Khawarzad - an artist, educator, and urban planner
- Presentation on NYC Climate Mobilization Act by Elissa Knight, who is the Clean Energy Coordinator at SolarOne
- Discussion panel with David Kay (AC '72), Cornell researcher, Gaya Sriskanthan (SEA '95), coordinator to NYC Community Energy Co-op, Aurash, and Elissa
The event will be followed by our monthly SSS at Vol de Nuit.
- Sold OutEarly Bird$20$200$0
- Sold OutRegular Student$23$230$0
- Sold OutRegular$27$270$0